"SWEET ON YOU"

One woman's insight into her daily life and some 'adventures'.............cooking, collecting, travels etc. With a lil' bit of this and that...........

Friday, September 6, 2013

TWICE BAKED POTATOES



TWICE BAKED POTATOES
RECIPE: (Source; Pioneer Woman)

I just love potatoes.....anyway they could be done, baked, fried, boiled etc...... Basically anything to do with potatoes I will eat. You see I grew up with potatoes, almost every night we had them mashed, boiled or fried or even baked. I guess it's a cultural thing....my Family from way back is from the Ukraine and I guess they grew up on potatoes...because as I was told by my Grandparents that  the weather there was cold and potatoes were a good staple to have through out  the winter..........

On the other hand my husband is from Turkey originally and they are not potato eaters but rice eaters....so I kind of drifted away from potatoes for our meals mainly..........now I serve them more and less rice and my husband is starting to like them better. but hey who doesn't like potatoes.. really I should cook both less as we are trying to eat less Carbs.

The other day I had some 6 nice Russet potatoes and we were going to do baked potatoes on the barbecue outside but things changed and my husband was not going to be home so instead my daughter was around and said let's make those stuffed and baked potatoes like you made once before. We made them and managed to freeze half of them.....they are great we just take one out of the freezer and microwave it and we have a "twice baked potato" for those times when we run out of time.

  Baked and cooled.....



 Potatoes cut in half ready to be scooped out....




 Scooped out potatoes......





  Stuffed potatoes, sprinkled with some grated cheddar cheese going into the oven to be baked till golden....

Baked "TWICE BAKED POTATOES".....

Thanks for stopping by.....

3 comments:

  1. They look delicious. This is my son's favorite way to eat potatoes. Thank you for linking up with Foodie Friends Friday! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by...and yes I'll link up next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love twice baked potatoes and these look delicious. Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friends Friday. PS just a reminder it would be easier for people to come to you link if you linked up your post and not your blog.. Hope that you come and join us again next week.

    ReplyDelete